Tuesday 27 March 2012

WE ARE WHAT WE DO, REALLY? I THINK NOT !!




I have been struggling with the statement, “We are what we do”. My researched concludes that people are what they think. Our thought processes are more powerful than what we realize and give credit for.
 
Have you heard the words, “STICKS AND STONE MAY BRAKE MY BONES, BUT WORDS WILL NEVER HURT ME”? I am sure you have and many of us have experienced words of destruction from a parent, teacher, family member, community, etc. that have pieced our hearts. These words don’t just leave you, but they are stored in your thought processes.


Today people live up to what was said to them years ago and have not broken that energy over their lives. Subconsciously, we live out what we think. The words echo into our thought patterns, that form habits and eventually character. “You will not amount to much”, “You are like your dad”, “You are stupid”, etc let’s break the power of these words.


You are what God says you are and I heard Him say that you are wonderfully and fearfully made. He whispered into my ear to say that I am His pressured possession. Every day we need to speak to ourselves and tell ourselves we are important. Look into the mirror and see the greatness in you.


You are what you think. WHO ARE YOU?


Picture resource: rulingcatsanddogs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment