Friday 16 March 2012

WHAT IS THE COLOUR OF THE WIND

The presence of and strength of wind can be noted in the causes. The most important effect of wind is not so easily observable. It is responsible for redistributing heat and water across the surface of the earth.  Wind cleanses the atmosphere and even scatters seeds for many plants. It treats each human being in a different manner and its effects are interpreted individually.

Music too is like a wind blowing across the earth touching each person in a manner that almost nothing else can. It crosses every boundary, country and race. It knows no colour.

 6th April 2006 a gloomy day dawned on me when my mom, a pillar of strength, passed on. Many words of encouragement streamed in, but I was touched particularly, when my friend Cynthia called me to listen to a song, called “count on me through thick and thin” by Whitney Houston.  The emotions associated with this song brought so much comfort.  Whenever this song is played, it takes me right back to that time.

I have spoken to several people across the board that share the same sentiment that music is like the wind, it cleanses and takes on different affects, yet has no colour. Some said that they have songs that take them back to when they broke up with a partner or times when they had fun and enjoyed themselves.
What would our lives be without this wonderful gift called music? “If music be the spice of life, play on …”


 Picture resource :
Ruth Marie – Earth music

No comments:

Post a Comment