Monday 25 May 2015

Durban Indaba 2015 shouts #notoxenophobia

For most people living in South Africa working within the tourism industry, Durban Indaba is a must do. I recently attended the 2015 event for the company I work for  under the banner of Rail Tourism , sharing with South African Youth Travel Confederation.
 
The Durban Indaba is the biggest travel and tourism trade show on the African continent and tourism businesses, their products and services meet with global buyers and Exhibitors all under one roof, Durban  International Convention Centre. The trade show is also the largest tourism marketing event in Africa, hailed by South African Tourism CEO Thulani Nzima as the single biggest platform for African tourism businesses to meet global buyers.
 
 
 
This platform has seen much change over the years and one of the things that I am particularly grateful for was the bloggers conference that South African Tourism with William Price as host had arranged. For those like myself that is finding their way through this maze, it was extremely helpful. I have leant so much from this and ready to share my knowledge and experience with the globe.
 
 
 
 
 
The other element that stood out for me was the resounding theme on the official opening,  #notoxenophobia which herald throughout the entire night. Whether it was the entertainment , the photo's in the backdrop or the speech of the minister, the theme spoke in so many faces. It brought Africa togther and I was proud to be South African. I was also so grateful for the beautiful land I was born into and to contribute to its sustanibility. We have so much to be thankful for in this country. 
 
 
 
Besides the business that I confirmed for my company, the networking with like minded people gave me the moments to reflect and decide to move forward promoting our land and this beautiful city I call home, Cape Town #Localislekker  

1 comment: