Friday 17 February 2012

HOW HARD IS IT TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS?

#SMED12

Children are wonderful beings borrowed to us to train and develop, but they grow up into beings with their own personality and individuality. Parents try the best possible way to do this job assigned to them.

Those of us who have teenagers can testify about giving instructions to them to perform. Yes I hear those amen’s echoing.

The scenario is that you are on your way out and as part of responsibility you tell your teenage daughter that she needs to tidy the kitchen. Now it seems that our understanding of following the instructions is simple, but no . For me it was washing the dishes , the old fashion style. Cleaning the sink and then packing it away. Then taking the broom and sweeping then mopping the floor.

So here I come home with company only to find that the instruction was misunderstood. To add fuel to the fire, if you want to use our toilet you have to enter it via our kitchen. I can now feel the empathy from parents. So, what have I leant from this experience? Explain the process step by step.   

Picture resource: dirtykitchens.com  

4 comments:

  1. Shame. I can't say I know the feeling BUT, I know the feeling. A picture of the guilty party (LOL) would have been the perfect touch to the blog. I'm certain there are many parents who would empathise with your situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was this naughty as a teenager! But my father was the punishment kind and I faced the consequences quite severely in my mind.. No pocket money, no friends over, no treats.. It got me straight and narrow VERY quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter feels that I should not have a picture of her especialy when you meet her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Then your daughter should follow your instructions! :D

    ReplyDelete