Friday 17 February 2012

TWO PEOPLE CAME OUT OF A BUILDING AND INTO A STORY

The date was 25 November 1995.The time was 13h00. The venue, Bethany Community Fellowship. She walked down the aisle, looking very radiant on the arm of her father.

We said our vows, the pastor spoke the words that made it final, “I now pronounce you man and wife”. Then we walked holding hands out of the building, confetti everywhere and we started our new lives together. That was the start of our lives together 16 years ago. It definitely did not echo the words of the “happily ever after”.

Many divorcees will tell you as they left that building to start writing their stories, for some it was a horror story, for others a mystery, yet for others a love story. And then for some it was the wish of a fiction story.

My story is that of a …Well I am not sure what it is. All that I can say of the content is that my wife Samantha has taught me love. Such dedication and faithfulness, not even I deserve. I am forever grateful for what she has shared with me. It has changed my world. We have had our share of pain, but love conquers all.


Picture resource: Keith Edwards












4 comments:

  1. A nice love story. An inspiration to couples who are recently married.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got goosebumps reading this story Keith !! That's what writing is all about. Writing from the heart makes the flow of a story seem effortless and you did just that in this post for me x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful story of a very special love share by you and your wife, Keith.

    ReplyDelete