Thursday 5 April 2012

WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE LIKE MY DAD


I came across this while searching for a document on our home pc and thought that I would like to share this with you. Sometimes as parents we doubt whether we are doing the parental part right. Clearly I am doing something correct and therefore so proud of my son, Nathaniel. The following is an un-edited version of what he wrote.  

When I grow up I want to be like my Dad, because he’s so hard working and always puts his family first. He’s humble and never thinks he’s better than others. He disciplines us and puts us on the right path. He teachers us good manners and laughs at our jokes. He teachers my sister and I well. My father puts food on the table and keeps our tummies full. He speaks the same way to anyone, rich or poor. He’s kind, loving, caring and takes us to hotels a lot. That’s why I want to be like my daddy.  He’s always buying us stuff like toys, sweets, candy and chips.   He never thinks about himself and lays next tome and prays with me. He kisses me and says, “good night my son.”My dad treats my mom with dignity and respect and buys her gifts and surprises her. He really loves her. These are the reasons why I’d like to be like my DAD.


Picture resource: Keith Edwards

1 comment: