Thursday 10 May 2012

IT'S BETTER TO PRACTICE A LITTLE THAN TALK ALOT


I think it’s time we start doing a little less talking and a lot more loving. Perhaps you’ll be encouraged by the words of this poem :

Love me not with words
Speak of patience
Show me haste
Speak of kindness
Show me meanness
What a waste, what a waste

So love me not with words
For words shall not prevail
Love me in deed and truth
For true love shall not fail

Talking is such a natural act, we tend to take it for granted. But when you think about it, this life skill is crucial to the development and maintenance of strong and healthy relationships. The flipside of the coin is that sometimes we do so much taking and forget the action that should follow.

I love the following proverbs that envelop our topic:
Talk doesn't cook rice. ~Chinese Proverb

Remember, people will judge you by your actions, not your intentions. You may have a heart of gold , but so does a hard-boiled egg. ~Author Unknown
Small deeds done are better than great deeds planned. ~Peter Marshall

An idea not coupled with action will never get any bigger than the brain cell it occupied. ~Arnold Glasow
After all is said and done, a lot more will have been said than done. ~Author Unknown
Well done is better than well said. ~Benjamin Franklin
Picture resource:workplacepsychology.net

No comments:

Post a Comment