Monday 25 June 2012

EVERY DAY IS A GOOD DAY

There are many things in the journey of a day that could go wrong. The list is endless and the negativity that goes along with it just causes depression and anxiety. I have leant that I need to look at the glass half full and not half empty.

Last week I had such a tough time at work, things were happening in my soul and I felt completely lost in this world, overwhelmed. The week passed and I was at a point of missing out on what each day was bringing me.

I then realised that worrying is not going to add a day more to my life. I sought the peace that God gives. Now hold on, I am not talking about being in a tight spot and now grabbing my bible seeking solace, or pray, etc. No, I went to Him, spoke to Him and then I was filled with a rest. We can get so caught up with ourselves ...”my problems”...”my circumstances”, but there is more to life than “us, me, I”

I stood back saw my beautiful family and how blessed I am to have them as part of my life.  I could use all my senses, smell a fart, it feels so good or taste a piece of cake or just have a good laugh with friends.

Yes each day brings with it its issues, but then each day brings with it the things we overlook. I walked to the station, I did not limp. I saw people talking and I could engage in the conversation. I had something to eat. These are the things we take for granted. I am so glad that with each day there is also goodness to recognise and I want to do that. Be grateful for what you have and stop moaning for what you don’t have. 
Picture resource: donationtalk.com

 You are alive if you are reading this.  

No comments:

Post a Comment