Thursday 27 September 2012

CONVENTIONAL IS A GOOD FALLBACK POSITION ISN'T IT


 
Conventionalism would have to depend on the kind of person and how they see themselves.
Naturally many people want to know they are safe, secure and in charge of their life but then again you do get others who are willing to take risks, set goals and try achieving what they really want out of life. This is where I admire entrepreneurs. They are true risk takers.   
For some of us change is hard so hard, in fact, that most of us avoid it at all costs.
But by avoiding change, we create even bigger problems, such as lost opportunities, broken relationships, or sometimes a wasted life. Millions of people who need to change are drifting along with no real purpose, no joy, feeling as if they're traveling a dead end street.
Each time I needed to make a change, I was afraid because I didn't know what was coming. Like most people, I like predictability. I thrive on sureness. Change means stepping into the unknown and losing your comfortable routine, and that's frightening.
I also knew that to a large degree, I had to give up control. That's scary right there, taking the hands of the wheel. When you're not in control, you lose your sense of invulnerability. You quickly realize you're not as powerful as you thought. That bravery you put so much pride in seems to evaporate when you realize you're not the one in charge any more.
One of the reasons so many celebrities keep going in and out of rehab is that they leave out the critical element to lasting change: God. Change is too hard when you try to do it without Him.
 I am a work in progress.
Picture resource: starfishdance.tumblr.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment