Monday 24 September 2012

I AM ....


Who am I ? This is a defining moment for me. I am a husband, a father, a friend and a colleague.  But who am I ? Really me ?  

This question asked so often suggests that there is actually a plausible answer. Almost as if our beings were a fixed thing. People who ask this sort of question are typically struggling with their identity and are searching for a core sense of themselves.

The irony is that the more you seek to identify who you are, the more fragile you are likely to feel about yourself. There may be an inverse correlation between the question being asked and the ease with which you experience your life. The emphasis shouldn't be on discovering who you are (what is buried beneath) but on facilitating the emergence of what you'd like to experience.

If I am honest now, I am struggling to find me. I know I hear you saying seriously.

On all fronts of my life I need loads of works to do. I do not want to be defined by others or society, I am on a journey and when I reach my destination and I will, I want to let my footprints go deep.  

I want to be remembered not forgotten. There is greatness in me and I want to die knowing that I have emptied myself of all that I was suppose to give.  
Picture resource: wafatariq.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment