Monday 5 November 2012

REGRETS


I always think about what could have been or what I have not done and then this just brings a sence of hopelessness for what lies ahead. One of the things I don’t want to do is to die with regrets.  I pray for GRACE to live a full life, with meaning and love.

Some people before they die feel that they wished they lived not for others , but to stay true to themselves. “I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.”

 When people realise that their life is almost over and look back clearly on it, it is easy to see how many dreams have gone unfulfilled. Most people have had not honoured even a half of their dreams and had to die knowing that it was due to choices they had made, or not made.

It is very important to try and honour at least some of your dreams along the way. From the moment that you lose your health, it is too late. Health brings a freedom very few realise, until they no longer have it.

I love the idea of the bucket list. I think we should become each others “reminders “ of what we have set out in our list.
Picture resource:spring.org.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment