Tuesday 2 October 2012

BUCKET LIST


When I thought of this list, I came to realize that I am saying that life is not finite. This is a scary thought to think that we know we're not here forever. But we can make the most of life while we can. Whether there's a hidden adventure lurking in our psyche or a goal that's been rattling around in our brain, it may be time to tap into that desire.

This idea also challenged my thinking as my list was very selfish, me me me was screaming out all the time. So clearly it also called for some introspection. 

A bucket list, while much like a list of life goals, is imbued with a sense of urgency because it introduces the idea of limited time.

The list should consist of things you plan to attempt and want to reach for so that you leave behind the imprint you wanted to have.

It is said that constructing a bucket list could improve your satisfaction with your life. Research is clear, the happiest people wake up every day to short- and long-term goals that involve taking risks, connecting with others, and persistence.

Properly-set goals provide a roadmap for our lives and we end up being proactive instead of reactive. We are also more optimistic because we are always looking forward, not behind.

Some people have changed the world with their lists and you and I can do it too.

Traveling to places, some amazing journeys are created this way. Our bucket list does not need to focus just on us, though important.

Don't wait for the place, opportunity, or structure; create your own one.

Watch the space for mine. 
Picture resource: Marc Ramirez. Seattle Times staff reporter

No comments:

Post a Comment