Tuesday 2 October 2012

DO I REALLY HAVE TO ?


CHOICES are screaming at us each day. Some are difficult and to some degree lesser.  It’s easy to have a great attitude when things are going our way; everybody can do that. It’s when difficult challenges rise before us, and the attitude within us rises to overcome those problems, that attitude becomes the difference-maker.

Unfortunately, it’s more common for our attitude to fall short of rising to life’s challenges. I sometimes find myself being discouraged, fear grips my heart and I see myself as a failure. The latter as I see it our some of the things that influence our attitude.

Everyone gets discouraged. Sydney Harris said, “When I hear somebody sigh, ‘Life’s hard,’ I am always tempted to ask, ‘Compared to what?’ ”
Not everyone responds to discouragement in the same way.  According to research with regard to discouragement, there are two kinds of people in the world: splatters and bouncers.

Splatters hit rock bottom, fall apart and stick to the bottom like glue. Bouncers hit rock bottom, pull themselves back together and bounce back up. The question is: Are you going to give up or get up?
 It’s a choice.
 
Picture resource: Jabry.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment